Wednesday, August 29, 2007

John Piper's Bedtime Song

Tonight I visited one of my favorite sites posted on my blog under "Favorites" - www.desiringgod.org. I found that John Piper too has a blog that you can access from his website and I came across one of his acticles he wrote called "Talitha's Bedtime Song". John Piper sings this song to his only daughter every night. I enjoyed very much reading the short article and listening to the bedtime song! I love the words and was very much inspired to learn the tune and memorize the words so that I too can sing this song to my children. I can only imagine the wisdom and love for the Lord and for His word he has instilled in his children. I think he has much to offer for parents raising children and wanted to share this. He says, "I think we need to build in our children an absolute fearless confidence that God is for them when they trust in Him."
Click on BEDTIME to read and listen:
BEDTIME
It really reminded me that my purpose in raising my children is to guide them and direct them to know, to love and to desire God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I went to the blog and listened to the song!! I am definitely learning it!