Sunday, August 2, 2009

Waffles!

Leigh accompanied us in church again today. This has not been the easiest transition but to be honest transitions or change are never easy with Leigh. She will be 4 in 8 days so she has been trying to sit in church with us because for one she does not want to go in the nursery class anymore (that has always been a big fight) and we think that its probably time to learn to sit with us. This morning did not go over well which resulted in a spanking after church because of her disobedience but there was one funny moment in the middle of losing our patience. I leaned over and whispered to Leigh that this was the time that we needed to sit still and be quiet while we learn about Jesus and this is what she said to me:

Leigh: "momma did you have waffles for breakfast?"
Me: "no"
Leigh: "because you smell like waffles."

(Avery had a waffle with syrup this morning that I fed to her so apparently I smelled like waffles.)
I had to just laugh then I leaned over and told Ricky and he laughed too.
Thank goodness for their sweet little interuptions every now and then or I think I would totally lose my cool!

No comments: