Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy New Year!

I am finally sitting down to update my blog. I feel like it has taken us a little while to get back to a normal routine after the holidays. The holidays, boy were they busy for us! Ricky and I both feel as if we had never been busier. The first week in December, Ricky and I took a trip to Washington D.C. One of his cousins got married and we decided to stay a few extra days to tour the city! It was my first trip to D.C. and it was just a great realxing time! My sweet mother kept the girls at our house and we spent 5 days walking and touring and taking pictures (on our new camera)!

The next event was a Christmas brunch at our church which was so fun to plan with friends and turned out to be such a wonderful event. The theme was "Emmanuel - God with us" and we focused on how God is with us always, at Christmas and throughout the whole year. We had wonderful speakers share what Emmanuel means to them.

We had a great time with family in Duncanville and are so greatful that all of our family is so close that we can see them all! Ricky and I are thinking, though, when to establish our own family traditions with our children and what that will look like. While visiting family, we got to see Polar Express in the IMAX theater. We went with my sister and her family, my brother who is in the Army and has been stationed in Italy, and my parents! We rode the train to the theater and we all had a great time! Santa came early for the girls since we spent Christmas Eve and the week following Christmas at Grandma's house. He left a note by a brand new trampoline that said, "Leigh and Avery, I heard you were spending Christmas at MeMaw and PaPaw's house so I brought your gift early so you could play with it! Merry Christmas, Santa" Leigh has had more fun on that trampoline and I'll have to say so have I :)!

My prayer lately has been to simplify our lives and make things less hectic. I want to slow down and make my home a pleasant and peaceful place for my children and my husband. I believe alot of that responsibility as a wife and mother is mine. I think the first place to start is in my own heart.

I wanted to recomend a great movie. Last night we watched Peaceful Warrior and it is by far one of the best and most soul stirring movies I have ever seen! It really is a must see and probably more than once! It will cause you to examine your own heart and life!

I plan to show pictures of our trip to D.C. soon!

Happy New Year and God Bless!

Click to play
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Maegan said...

It's so fun to see pictures from your holidays. Such cute ones too! I didn't know yall got a new camera; that's so exciting.