Friday, January 15, 2010

Little Women

Most nights you will find me up late by myself either feeding, rocking, walking, or holding Titus. I am either watching HGTV, Food Network, or on the computer while I am holding him. (Avery has been put to bed and Ricky lays down with Leigh and 9 times out of 10 falls asleep for a couple hours with her so that is why I am up by myself, but I don't mind) Titus is getting so much better but still a little unsettled. We are in the process of switching his formula to soy in great hopes of settling his stomach. A few nights ago I sat in the living room flipping channels and came across the movie Little Women. I have never seen the movie though I have read the book at least 3 times. I only missed a few minutes but knew exactly what was happening so I really didn't miss anything. Oh how I love that story! I finally decided to lay Titus down even though he had long fallen asleep and finish the movie. I sat there and cried when sweet Beth got sick and then later died (sorry if you have not read or watched Little women but shame on you if you have not). I really do think that I was born in the wrong time period. I would have so loved to have worn those plain long dresses and kneaded my own bread, talked their language and just lived in those simple times. I relate to Jo more and her personality. As I have gotten older I have learned to hold my tongue a little better but I used to be just like her. I guess there is still a little Jo in me still. Anyways, I recorded the movie and have watched it twice since and I don't think I could ever grow tired of it. Leigh watched some of it with me and loved the dresses she even loved the part where Amy fell in the ice and wanted me to rewind it so she could watch it again and again. She kept asking me why she fell in that water. I told Ricky to please not erase it so I can watch it whenever I want. I sure hope my girls love each other the way those sisters did! Is there a movie of Little Men? If there is I would love to watch it.
I shall strive to make our comings and goings a bit more simpler in our home until we meet again :)!

No comments: